Well, What Can I Say?

If all goes as planned, and I see no reason at this point why it wouldn’t, I should be at Toronto’s Pearson Airport 24 hours from the time I’m writing this. The weather office is calling for a 30 percent chance of flurries overnight in Halifax and a 40 percent chance of the same in Toronto. By the time the 5 centimetres of snow that’s expected in Halifax tomorrow starts falling, I should be far gone, and it’s expected to be mild and cloudy tomorrow in Toronto. So, it’s just a matter of getting to Toronto. Flights out of Halifax seem to be leaving on time this morning, meaning they’ve finally cleared the backlog from last weekend’s storm.

I’m a little nervous about having sleeping through tomorrow morning, as I have to get up no later than 3:00 a.m. I don’t know how much sleep I’ll get tonight, if any, and I know I can’t sleep on a plane. BeeGoddessM has very generously accepted to drive me to the airport, and she suggested that if neither of us hears from the other by 3:30, we’re to call each other.

I’ve made only two time-specific requests from El Poema for the entire trip (not counting having some coffee for me in the morning): take me directly home when I land in Mexico City, since I’ll be exhausted; and, since the night we arrive in Puerto Escondido will also be the full moon, I want us to take advantage of it and the sultry air to walk along the beach that night. Among other things, that last request is essential for me to realize I’ve really escaped the Canadian winter, if only for a short time. As for the rest of the agenda, we’ll play it by ear. He has tons of things he wants to show me and places he wants to take me, but we agree that several moments of tranquility at home are also a must.

Right now I’m off to run a few errands before starting work for the day. I’m essentially packed except for a few items that have to wait until the last minute.

It’s finally happening! I’m finally going to Mexico to be with El Poema! When we spoke last night, we were both giddy as hell …