- It’s a widely known fact that I have a profound dislike for bad writing that results from a lack of caring. I’m sure I drove my students crazy with my pet peeve.
- By far my biggest pet peeve in the above category — a subset, if you will — has to be the misuse of the apostrophe in English. I wish Arianna Huffington had written this article* back then. I would have made it required reading. The “that’s how everybody does it” (false) argument always got on my tits.
- Do you know with which famous personality I share my birthday? Former U.S. President Bill Clinton. I’m not sure how to feel about that, or in which way (if any) we’re similar. I’m afraid some people in the peanut gallery might say that I share with Bill an inability to keep my trousers on. :O
- I’m ick today. 🙁 Yes, I’m starting a cold. Some say that often happens when someone tries to quit smoking. And speaking of which, I haven’t even sneaked the occasional puff like I would last week. I suppose that, on the one hand, the weekend has given me enough and, on the other hand, I’m not as interested in puffin’ when I have a cold.
- I’m glad I don’t have cable and, therefore, no U.S. station. I don’t think I could stand listening to W’s State of the Union address, which I would do if I had cable or lived in the U.S. I’m sure the media will be amply capable of distilling the pea brain’s message for me in time for the late news.
- A few months on, I still can’t believe that a senior Canadian communications bureaucrat ended up resigning from her job for being overheard calling W a moron. Then again, I suppose that wasn’t a very diplomatic thing to say when you’re in anyone’s earshot, plus it’s not like Canada’s head politician is the brightest light in the house.
(* via Adam @ Words Mean Things)